Noel Gallagher is clearing out the storage shed, after realising that a lifetime of collecting musical gear adds up to a whole bunch of clutter you’re never gonna use again, and not much else.
“When you’ve been playing as long as I have, you tend to amass a huge amount of gear, and it’s not doing me or anyone else any good if it’s just sitting around,” Gallagher said of the acution. “These pieces have a lot history, but they’re still very playable — I’d love to get them into the hands of someone who will put them to good use.”
Among the gear for sale is:
- A 1960s Epiphone Professional guitar and amp set played by Gallagher on tour and in the studio.
- A Vox Foundation bass head an Supreme cabinet that comes with a printed setlist from the Oasis rehearsal held just prior to the band’s last unofficial gig.
- A Laney Top Mount Supergroup Head with 4×12 Bass 100 Cabinet used predominantly in the studio by Gallagher. These under-the-radar vintage Laney amplifiers from the late-’60s and early-’70s are best known for fueling Black Sabbath’s sound.
- A late-1990s Mellotron Mk VI — an instrument that Oasis used all over their recordings. Gallagher has owned several and this one comes from that studio collection.
- An Orange OR120 Overdrive with 4×12 and Head that was used on tour with Oasis.