Did Amy Winehouse die of an ecstasy overdose? It’s rare for anyone to feel more than just a bit of a comedown off a pill, but according to TV producer Danny Penthaki, she had a dodgy one.He said “My friend’s boyfriend is a policeman, and he’s the one who found Amy Winehouse dead. Overdosed on ecstasy.”

This has further been backed up by trashy Sunday tabloid the Sunday Mirror, which says she had taken a “dodgy pill”. It is very rare for anyone to be affected in an adverse manner to ecstasy, let alone do die as a result. It is often due to the ingredients in pills made in illicit drug manufacturing labs seeking to emulate the effects of the core ingredients that can affect humans.

Naturally Winehouse’s father Mitch, a taxi driver and aspiring jazz musician is beside himself in grief, saying to the press “doesn’t feel real”. Tributes continue to our in for the troubled diva from celebrities around the globe, while the likes of the reformed The Faces dedicated a show to her in the UK on the weekend upon learning of her death.

Boy George and Lily Allen have joined the avalanche of stars paying tribute to her, with Allen saying her death was “beyond sad”, adding: “She was such a lost soul, may she rest in peace.Boy George was struggling to “contain my sadness and anger” and said that it was a “deeply sad day for many reasons”.