The family of dead pop star Amy Winehouse has spoken out over rumours that she died of a ecstasy overdose,describing the rumours as ‘nonsense’, stating that she hadn’t had a ‘dodgy pill’ and that no drug paraphernalia or alcohol were located in her house when she died. Police have yet to complete toxicology tests and it is believed the results may take up to several weeks to determine the exact cause of death.
A ‘source’ told trashy London tabloid The Sun that she had been unwell and a doctor had examined her the night before she died and had been happy with her condition. They say “The doctor was happy with her condition. When he left on Friday night he had no concerns. Less than 24 hours later she was found dead. Amy’s health has been very fragile and she has been having a series of check-ups.”
More details of her death have begun to emerge, with police saying that her security guard had checked on her at 10am when she had gone to bed on Saturday. Her publicist Chris Goodman says “Amy was on her own at home apart from a security guard who we had appointed to help look after her over the past couple of years. She was in her bedroom after saying she wanted to sleep and when he went to wake her he found she wasn’t breathing. He called the emergency services straight away. He was very shocked. At this stage no one knows how she died. She died alone in bed.”